St. Mary & St. Joseph’s, Brackaville.
During the 1850’s the catholic population of Coalisland was increasing whilst at the same time the population of Stewartstown was in decline. In 1853 Fr Peter Daly was appointed parish priest and set about building a new church at the graveyard in Coalisland. Due to lack of financial support in that period following The Famine and other reasons it took nearly a decade to finish the work. But by 1862 the church of St. Mary & St. Joseph’s was consecrated. It is believed that John O’Neill who was the architect for St. Mary’s church was also the architect on St. Mary & St. Joseph’s.