The parish of Ballyclog and Donaghenry is within the archdiocese of Armagh in County Tyrone. Between 1822 and 1954 it became known as Stewartstown parish. But since 1954, after boundary changes, it has been officially known as Coalisland parish. The earliest mention of the ancient parishes of Ballyclog and Donaghenry are in documents which date back to around 900 A.D. The documents give testimony to the work of St. Patrick in the East Tyrone area 450 years earlier.
A comprehensive and very engaging history of the parish from 1822 – 2004 was produced by Mr Bernard Herron.